Photo gallery software ??

sownman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tried a search and didn't see much maybe I did it wrong. My daughter is a budding pro photographer and I'm putting together a website for her. Looking for suggestions of software for display of thumbnails/blowups to full size. Ideal would be if it could be password protected so she can create a page that only the specific client can access. Also it needs to be
receptive to Mac and PC control. Maybe free or cheap too ????

Thanks for any suggestions

Steve

I am useing php Photo Album. It seems to be ok for free. It offeres password protection, galleries, thumbnails. It also will show the info about the picture (whats that stuff called again?) allow your daughter to setup diffneret users, with different permissions to view differnet album's.

I have had some smaller issues and had to dig around in their data files to sort out some messes, but over all it works.

I tried copper mine, but for what I saw, it didnt fit what I wanted, so I went back to php Photo Album.

if your willing to pay money, which you will likely be doing for some web hosting, check out smartmug's professional package. it will cost you a bit more, but it looks like you might get better stuff. I havent used this yet, but plan on switching to them when my subscription to my hosting site is over.

Check out ifp3 - Advanced Gallery Web Sites - Home, I use them in my studio, it costs $240 a year and can be accessed from any computer mac or pc and can be used to sell her photographs from. Check it out, they have a free trial and loads of videos showing all the different things you can do with it. Also you can customize it, so it looks very professional. You can look at it on my studio site if you want at Mercer Photography-Senior Home, just click on where it says to click here to view your images in the upper left of the site. Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Back