Photo help!

whimsy_bug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this picture nearly a month ago, fiddled with it a bit and then set it on the back burner because something just seemed really really "off" about it, and I can't place what it is. It don't think I've ever been this stumped over a photo before. So any C&C would be greatly appreciated.

39580_486019788416_509668416_6882916_7068779_n.jpg

I think the composition is a little flat - you have two major elements which are at the same level and at opposite ends of the frame. It seems to need something interesting on the roof, especially between the car and window. Trying to bring out some of the detail and texture of the roof should help.

I agree with Ken's comments, but if you can do a re-shoot, I would suggest a somewhat different approach: Set up a couple of low-power strobes inside the garage to illuminate the truck, and a couple of higher-powered ones inside the room to the right, so that you can see detail inside.

I disagree with both posters above. I like the half hidden truck and the elements in the shot, they work well.

Gotta love ART ... one person can dislike it or change it while someone else loves i :)

love the shot but agree that there's two points of interest competing for each other (the truck and the window), the highlights in the leaves also kind of compete for attention.

I like the two focal points (garage and window), and that you can barely see into either. It makes the image say "Yes, I have a story to tell, but you're going to have to guess at it." The only thing that bugs me is that the picture is a little unbalanced because the window is so close to the edge. If you can, slide the window to the left so that there is equal siding shown on each edge of the image.

I like the two focal points (garage and window), and that you can barely see into either. It makes the image say "Yes, I have a story to tell, but you're going to have to guess at it." The only thing that bugs me is that the picture is a little unbalanced because the window is so close to the edge. If you can, slide the window to the left so that there is equal siding shown on each edge of the image.

I totally agree w this. i like "there is a story and you have to guess at it" I totally see a newer version of Texas chainsaw massacre. creepy.

Most reactions

Back