Photo location recomendation: France, Belgium & Netherlands

Amsterdam is a very beautiful city, everywhere you turn, there is a photo waiting to happen. Any direction you take off the Damrack is going to lead you to something, and despite the crazy, bicycle wheel/spider web layout of Amsterdam, it's really easy to navigate and a very walk-able city. If you rent bikes, you can cover a LOT more ground. The parks are really picturesque, the Hortus Botanicus is great, the Zoo is top notch, for something odd to shoot, there is the Nemo Center. There is a great photo op out at the Rijksmuseum, shooting through the middle of it, back to the park that it backs up to. If you make it down to the Old Side (Oud-zuids), there are some stunning houses, and great little side streets to go up and down, and old money.

If you got into a Cafe series in France, it would be very easy to continue the project in Amsterdam. Cafe life is very prevalent in Amsterdam (not just the coffee house scene), but outside the brownhouses and Gin bars.

If you can't find stuff to shoot in Amsterdam, then there is a problem.

I'm sure I'd be able to find something to shoot either way, but I also don't want to miss out on one of those "you should have went there" type locations. Unfortunately, it's not a trip you take multiple times in your life so I really want to prepare as much as I can before I leave.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely look into those spots.

Bruges is a pretty cool city in Belgium that's certianly worth a visit. It is a bit touristy but nice none the less.

If you're into Art Nouveau, you can find a lot of it in Brussels, like these houses:
File:Hôtel Ciamberlani 2007.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It can be a quest to find them when walking in suburb neighbourhoods, nothing to do there... and suddenly you find a nice house.

You'll find lots of Art Nouveau in France/Belgium/Netherlands too. Just look around, spot a nice building, shoot it :)

Most reactions

Back