yahgiggle

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today i took this shot, i found it really hard to take farm photos. Can you kind users give me some tips for next time?

$1493533_10153643179550548_1563157371_o.jpg

I find it a little bit over-edited but beautiful image nonetheless. Looks like the Shire ;)

What is it that you find difficult about taking farm photos?

I agree ^^

What I do find a little odd is how much darker it is on the right side of the frame. Otherwise, I like the sweeping line of the fence that brings the eye up from the left to right, and then the expanse of hills and trees as the eye then pans back to the left.

Landscapes are not as easy as they seem. You should probably try for EITHER an overall view (without anything in the foreground) OR a detail shot of something close. And if you hadn't seen it before, the shading at the left is not helping at all.

Here is my edit. I ended up adjusting highlights and colour on the sky since I felt it looked a bit washed out and white. I thought there was a slight white balance issue (green tint) which I corrected. Otherwise, it's a great shot. Nice work.

$20140101-DSC_4808_2.jpg

Nice photo, but not spectacular. I'd try something from the following:
1. Take the telephoto lens and try to isolate some elements of a landscape.
2. Definitely come when the sun is rising or setting (I prefer the former) so the light is better. It will do wonders for your photo.
3. If you're not able to do the number 1 or 2 ( :D ), try getting yourself ND filter for longer exposure. With clouds like these it will make all the difference. The photo will be smoother, a bit surreal. Combine it with number 2 and you've got a winner!

I prefer your second version to the one in the first post.

My main issue with the composition is that the line created by the fence and road lead my eye right out of the photo.

Most reactions

Back