PHOTO...of my skateboard?

WTF?

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P6030009.jpg

yeah... tell me what you think!

I don't find it particularly interesting, and I dont see the motivation for the shot. It seems like you just you just took it for the hell of it. But on the other hand I love the contrast and the grease around the bolt looks good.

With the bokeh(?) in the background this would have looked trippy with the wheel spinning and the shot flipped over.

I saw thousands of skate boarding images in university. They seem to be the same thing over and over. You should shoot what you love and obviously you have a passion for skate boarding. Find a way to convey that passion by being more original with your composition. The lighting in this is nice but it is not an image that will be remembered. Try to make memorable images.

I saw thousands of skate boarding images in university. They seem to be the same thing over and over. You should shoot what you love and obviously you have a passion for skate boarding. Find a way to convey that passion by being more original with your composition. The lighting in this is nice but it is not an image that will be remembered. Try to make memorable images.

Sometimes it's better to take what people have already done and try to make it a little bit better? Or maybe take a shot that you're happy with because you're happy with it? It seems as if you're suggesting a shot is only good if it's new, fresh, and original. There are great photos all over the place that are inspired by something else, look like something else, are almost exactly like something else. It's not always about crafting a new window, it can be about adding a new pane or cleaning an old one, yeah?

I don't think that you should necessarily take pictures for someone else. Maybe the picture/composition means something to the photographer, who cares if you or anyone has seen it before. But that begin said, posting the picture did open it to criticism, which the photographer received. I can definitely relate to the photographer seeing as I have taken hundreds of pictures of my bikes.

But sometimes I think that people should go out and take pictures for themselves and how it makes them feel. Not for people on forums and flickr and stuff. (Sorry for my little off-topic rant)

And I really love the lighting of this shot!!!

Most reactions

Back