photo paper 8 x 10 or 8 1/2 x 11

tenkiln

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just starting out printing my own photos to display at shows next year. 8 x 10 or 8 1/2 x 11. Is there a advantage or preference to either size paper?

If your printer can do borderless, to-the-edge printing, then you only need 8x10. Otherwise, use 8½x11 and trim after printing.

It depends. 8 x 10 will fit into existing frames, whereas you'll have to cut/crop with the 8.5 x 11. It really all depends on what works best for you. I prefer 8 x 10 personally, but I'll use 8.5 x 11 occasionally just because I happen to have a bunch on me. Really no advantage or disadvantage, just preference.

I have absolutely no experience with printing since I just send my stuff to a photo lab, but I would go with the 8.5x11 and use an exacto knife and straight edge to trim down the excess.

I just wouldn't trust a printer to accurately print edge to edge, even if it is suppose to be a feature of the printer.

sometimes shows will specify the size they want. otherwise its all up to you.

I can never get a paper cutter to cut exactly on the line...drives me crazy. Maybe I need a higher quality cutter!

Don't use the flat blade type..... use the ones with a round, rolling blade. Mine is a Fiskars.

Most reactions

Back