Photo Printer Thoughts?

I've heard nothing but good things about Epson - I'm actually thinking of getting an Epson myself - but I'm not sure about Canon - sorry :(

Not a problem. I have had an Epson before and they are pretty much the leaders in the photo printing department if you ask me. The Canon got really good reviews and things said about it so...who knows!??!?

I've had Canons in the past, but I'll never stray from Epson again. I have an older version of the one you're looking at (R340) and other than the cost of supplies - I've switched to generic inks. You couldn't ask for a better low cost printer as well as having the ability to directly print near photo quality on CD/DVDs it would be my choice of the two.

Thanks for the opinions everyone! The Epson is cheaper too. The only thing that really bugged me about it was that it didn't have dual paper trays but I can live without that.

I am assuming the print quality would be good enough to sell the prints. Probably not the best but my dream is to upgrade one of the pro Epson models after I get some cash flow coming in some day.

Anyways, anyone else feel free to share your thoughts on Epson, Canon, HP or whatever other printer I should consider.

I have used Canon printers before, but back in the days of black ink only. (long, long ago and far, far away) Also had a Canon black only laser printer, both were good, but back then, no such thing as a photo-printer. We have had HP's and always had paper feed problems. Most likely not a problem now, but won't chance it. I have used 2 Epson 2200's since there introduction and love them. They have been beat to he!! and keep printing beautifully. We also have a cheap Epson all-in-one that does a good job for office work and an occasional photo print. I won't be straying from Epson for photo-printing anytime soon either. Great workhorses that make great prints with a great archival live.

Well I took your advice and got the Epson R380. It was cheaper than the Canon and other than the lack of dual paper feed its awesome. The quality is pretty impressive.

Now I just have to get consistent color results.

Most reactions

Back