Photo Printers

Newtricks

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just purchased a Canon Pixma Pro-10 printer and am having a bit of trouble with prints coming out to dark, search as I might, trying to nail down post specifically about printers is tough. Perhaps a "Photo Printer" specific forum is in order, after all, isn't printing as much a part of photography as capturing the image?

Be well,

Anthony

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes; Spyderpro4, don't understand soft-proofing (thanks for the links), Yes; for the paper in use at the time, editing with Lightroom5 printing from RAW files with Print Studio Pro.

Though I've had the printer but for a few days, I do not want to burn through a hundred or more sheets of paper learning how to use it.

Last edited:
You'll likely find a lot more info on how to use Lightroom to manage the printing than you will for Canon's Print Studio Pro.

But: Canon Pixma Pro-10 Review - photo.net
Print Studio Pro automatically installs for use with Photoshop, Lightroom and Elements. With Lightroom, it is a bit tricky to find it the first time—it comes up under File>Plug-in Extras. All printing options are in a single stack on the right, with a window showing the image on the paper on the left.

Just purchased a Canon Pixma Pro-10 printer and am having a bit of trouble with prints coming out to dark, search as I might, trying to nail down post specifically about printers is tough. Perhaps a "Photo Printer" specific forum is in order, after all, isn't printing as much a part of photography as capturing the image?

Be well,

Anthony

Have you tried turning off the vivid settings on the printer? From what I understand this usually helps quite a bit.

Have you tried turning off the vivid settings on the printer? From what I understand this usually helps quite a bit.

Not as of yet, as stated I've been using this printer for a few days now, after every print run that comes out contrary to my expectations I go back into the read-me, set-up and other directions that came with the printer. There was a 15 day wait between ordering the printer and it's arrival, that gave me more than enough time to read dozens of reviews and other articles on it's use, still having problems (perhaps I'm not smart enough to use this printer!).

Still getting a Professional pigment based printer with 100 sheets of Canons quality photo paper for $350 is a steal.

I have a Pixma Pro 100 and I only use the Lightroom print module, not the plug in that came with it. That plug in is redundant now that Lightroom has the soft proof function.

How we can know that we are choosing the right photo printer? What should be the paper type while going for developing a photo?

How we can know that we are choosing the right photo printer? What should be the paper type while going for developing a photo?

Look at the online reviews !

Technically, you are printing the picture. The developing parts happens in software before that. :)

Not as of yet, as stated I've been using this printer for a few days now, after every print run that comes out contrary to my expectations I go back into the read-me, set-up and other directions that came with the printer. There was a 15 day wait between ordering the printer and it's arrival, that gave me more than enough time to read dozens of reviews and other articles on it's use, still having problems (perhaps I'm not smart enough to use this printer!).

Still getting a Professional pigment based printer with 100 sheets of Canons quality photo paper for $350 is a steal.

I stopped using the Canon software that came with my Pro 1. I let Photoshop manage the colours, it was a big difference. Have you tried to print using Lightroom?

Most reactions

Back