Photo Redone, Does This Look Better??

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I posted this one a couple of days ago and soon realized that I totally botched it and overprocessed it in Photoshop - not to mention the harsh shadows from hell lol. Original Posted Photo:
DSC_0044-01.jpg

Redone:
I toned it down a bit and tried to get rid of the harsh shadows behind her dress. Does this look better?
DSC_0044-01copy.jpg

seeing how im such a newbie if i only saw the first one id say it was perfect(but then that just might be the very attractive lady in the shot):D but now that i can see both the second one is real good.the backround wall has the same light all over and you removed the nasty shadow(plus the girl still looks great):lol:

the 1st is better, sorry...
you can see the blur on the stairs (too much), and still is visible the difference of colour (light) on the wall...
moreover, the skin is better in the 1st...

all in my humble opinion...

To my mind it suits the photo of a bride to be a bit on the soft side, so this being a bridal portrait I sure like the second version better. The skin tones may be leaning a bit toward yellow now, you might want to change that, but all in all the glow around the bouquet (how did you achieve that?) and the removed shadows help a lot.

However, with the shadows removed around her, you should have removed the one of the banister, too, or crop the second version like you cropped the originally posted one to get all rid of the banister.

The second is definitely 100 percent better. As Lafoto pointed out, a bridal photo such as this needs to have a more soft look and the second captures that. My only other recommendation would be to make work on the white dress as it appears to have a slight reddish hue compared to the first image. But then again it could be 43 year old eyes seeing that. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back