Photo restoring - anyone up for a challenge?

willis_927

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey so here's the deal:

A person I know has an old family photo that they wanted to send to get restored. They don't have the original negative and couldn't get the photo out of the frame to get a good quality picture of the photo to send. When they tried to get a picture of it they couldn't avoid the glare from the glass. So they gave it to me to try and get a shot without glare. I did this pretty easily and thought it would be fun to try and restore it (something I have never tried).

Anyways, its way too far gone for me to restore, and I was wondering if any of you might be up for the challenge?

I'll post a low res copy of the image (yes I have permission to post), and if anyone wants to have a go at it let me know and I can send you the full res image.

And yes that's the color, and exactly how it looks in the frame as is.

IMG_3789lowres.jpg

Why not just post the high res, or a link to it? I'd like to try simply to give me something else to read on tonight.

It was just easy to load to low res on to the site, and I don't have a copy of the high res anywhere other than on my desktop. If you want to play around with it let me know and I can email you the high res.

Last edited:
Someone try boosting the hell out of the saturation?
I would if I had CS6 on my phone.........:lol:

Last edited:

Last edited:
$family.jpg

Problem solved.

I would send it out, if it's important to you. Amateurs farting around isn't gonna get nearly as good results, there are quite technical things going on here and the pros can produce pretty miraculous results.

Or you can buy a book and study up. It's real work, though, and a pretty specific niche.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back