Photo shoot with a musician/producer

noooeeee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a photo shoot for a very talented musician/producer, Ken Loi formerly with Elucidate. Very talented and has had some of the biggest DJs and producers play his tracks on their radio shows and performances. Well, he needed some press photos for his record label so he contacted me since we've known each other for a bit now (he actually taught me how to produce music for a little bit when i was interested in producing.) Anyway, it was a very relaxing shoot, especially since we were pretty much hanging out.

I'm posting up one picture for now. I'll post up the rest once i'm done editing them.

3905566713_50ab28c1a4_b.jpg

this is awesome man! can you describe your lighting set up for the shoot? I only wish there was a bit more ground space beneath his right shoe. Great work

A kicker or backlight would have been a nice touch for separating the hair from the background. The black hair blends in with the darkness behind him and looks a little strange.

Agree with the first two posts. I imagine the coldness of the image is on purpose.

Don't know anything about this world so it is hard to say much more than that. The only thing I would do different (personal taste) is to get rid of the two off to the side doorways. I think I would prefer just black there.

Last edited:
A kicker or backlight would have been a nice touch for separating the hair from the background. The black hair blends in with the darkness behind him and looks a little strange.

Whats a kicker ?

p.s I like the result.

^ I think he's referring to a "hair light". A strobe behind him to add some light in the background as something to contrast against his dark hair.

Otherwise, great lighting, great feel.

Agree with the first two posts. I imagine the coldness of the image is on purpose.

Don't know anything about this world so it is hard to say much more than that. The only thing I would do different (personal taste) is to get rid of the two off to the side doorways. I think I would prefer just black there.

I can understand a little coldness but the image has horrible skin tones. It needs warming up.

Thanks for all the compliments and criticism :D. As far as the skin tones, i do notice the coldness. I'll warm it up and see how i like it.

this is awesome man! can you describe your lighting set up for the shoot? I only wish there was a bit more ground space beneath his right shoe. Great work

I'm broke right now so i'm only using 1 sb-600. I shot it into a 45' reflective umbrella, camera right at 1/2 power.

I agree but since i only had that one speed light i wasn't able to do that :(. I really need to buy another strobe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back