photo shop cs2 problem

Happy Hour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone and if anyone knows how to fix it. when I load a pic in PS, I cant use any of my tools only the hand icon appears and about the only thing I can do i change the image size. this started last week and I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and problem fixed. It did it again 2 days later. I did the same and problem solved. Today it acted up again, This time uninstalling it and reinstalling 3 times did not fix the problem. any ideas what is going on?

Adobe may have some stuff on their website in their FAQ. I know they did when I had a problem with my clone tool not working one bit...it was odd to say the least. You may need to completely delete Adobe from your computer, going into the registry and taking things out. Who knows for sure...but maybe they have something on their FAQ.

Is it only in certain formats? I know sometimes certain image formats don't allow certain edits...

That's the best I can think of. If you uninstall, try a registry cleaner (CCleaner) to get rid of all the extra gunk.

Is it only in certain formats? I know sometimes certain image formats don't allow certain edits...

That's the best I can think of. If you uninstall, try a registry cleaner (CCleaner) to get rid of all the extra gunk.
i was thinking the same thing. But I already tried that still the same thing. The only allowing certian format pics 2 be altered is how it started. Now it won't do any, jpeg,gif,raw nothing. I can't figure it out.

Have you tried trashing your preferences? On a Mac, throw out the plist file for photoshop or hold down the Command,Option, and shift keys while the application is launching. This brings up a dialog box that gives you the option of deleting your prefs.

Whenever I am having problems, this is one of the first things I try.

Have you tried trashing your preferences? On a Mac, throw out the plist file for photoshop or hold down the Command,Option, and shift keys while the application is launching. This brings up a dialog box that gives you the option of deleting your prefs.

Yes i have deleted my PS preferences. still - - - Nothing:grumpy:

Yes i have deleted my PS preferences. still - - - Nothing:grumpy:

Update!

Ok now without changing anything, it works again? WTF? I don't get it! anyone have any idea's? Cause it will do it again

Most reactions

Back