Photo vehicle??

Nice Ride PIMPND... My mom drives a '06 Range Rover.

Im SO STUPID............Im SO STUPID............Im SO STUPID............Im SO STUPID............Im SO STUPID............Im SO STUPID............

BUY A FRICKN TOYOTA FJ CRUISER!!! SERIOUSLY Best SUV/truck of the year. ROOMY/ COmfy. STREET/ 90* hard dirt Coated with soft dirt Angles.
Hip/HARDCORE. And Affordable. Not tomention Its Really really Good on gas.. and its got more clearance then.. BEST gas Mileage SUV's in its class.

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_FJ_INDEX

I think i would make a good Cars salesmen.... :p

srobb said:
I know you said something about reliability problems, but you will get that in any vehicle; I don't care what it is.

Didn’t mean to rustle any feathers by insinuating the Jeep/Chrysler products are unreliable. We had a ’71 Jeep Commando (ancestor to today’s SUVs) in the family when I was a teen, and I drove that thing everywhere. I loved it. I beat the hell out of that rig and never had any trouble with it, save for a cracked fuel pump on the Buick V6 motor that Jeep used for that model.

My comment on Jeep reliability stems from experiences of friends who own newer Jeeps, and reliability ratings published by Consumer Reports magazine.

Hfry said:
Element.......... W.e. most Uncomfortable Interior Ever....... Toyota 4 runner or Toyota Highlander, Jeeps are not Spacious but you can run them to the ground. Seriously, just take into Consideration a Used..... Land-rover Discovery. All Though Reliability isn't all there but You can take them to the Extreme and Expect nothing but perfection. I would also take into consideration a Toyota Tundra Double cab. or the Also the GODLY honda Ridge-line.

Element uncomfortable? The wife and I have test-driven several of them, and thought they were very comfortable. Different strokes for different folks, as they say…

The Toyota 4 Runner is sweet, but WAY out of my price range… As is the Range Rover and the Honda Ridgeline. I’m trying to stay under 24kUS on a new or low mile used vehicle.

Claff said:
Haven't seen the Hyundai Santa Fe mentioned; I think it would be more 'trailable' than an Element and maybe more comfortable. You'll get hurt with the gas mileage (the wife's 3.5L Santa Fe gets around 16-18 MPG around town) though.

Hmm… Had not considered Hyundai. Will have to give the Santa Fe a test drive. Thanks for the suggestion.

EBphotography said:
What about the Ford Escape?

The Ford Escape is in the running. I really like the hybrid version, but again, I’m concerned about reliability. I would happily spend a few extra clams for a vehicle that is “planet friendly”, but not at the risk of outragous maintenance costs.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and thoughts... :wink:

I am going to go against the grain here... I use an '04 Chevy Silverado Diesel crewcab... it gets AWESOME fuel MPG for a full size...=) but the only thing is that I am at a point of running out of room inside between a family of three photographers. So the next purchase is a rear cap with rear door instead of tailgate.

The decision has been made… Looks like a Honda Element will be residing in my driveway soon.

The wife and I actually preferred the Subaru Forester for drivability and traditional 4-door convenience, but unfortunately it is well out our price range. AcK!! I hate budgets!!

Next question… Do we buy an ’06 model and save a few bucks, or spend a bit more for an ’07 equipped with Honda’s new 5-speed automatic trans? The 5-speed will likely get better mileage (important), but will that gas savings outweigh the additional money spent for the car? As mentioned in a earlier post, this car will be the wife’s daily driver, and she racks up something over 18K miles per year, mostly highway. The price of the ’07 models have yet to be released, so it’s difficult to gonkulate the annual savings the new transmission might provide.

Most reactions

Back