DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you all think about them?

I was reading a thread on model mayhem with I look at now and then and a guy asked about one and pretty much everyone ripped him apart calling them lame nerdy and all that stuff.

Someone poster here mentioning they have one and I just reminded me of that thread.

Personally I don't have a use for one right now because I don't have that much equipment to lug around but in the near future I could see it being very useful when I do sports and maybe even on location portraits. If you care THAT MUCH what you look like when you shoot I think you should just stop shooting and go be a model. They seem like they would distribute all the weight evenly, give quick access to all your stuff, and make it easier than a backpack or shoulder bag.

I don't have one yet...but I'm sure I will eventually get one. I like the idea and I usually prefer the open style of a vest compared to a jacket.

I do agree that in some situations, they may look a little silly...but it's also silly to care too much about what other people think about how you look.

I also think a photo vest might be a good idea when traveling. Especially with all the restrictions on carry-on luggage. If your camera bag is deemed to be too heavy or too big, you can move some of you gear to your vest.

I have looked at several different model and I haven't seen anything that stands out above the others. I'm sure it's like anything else, you get what you pay for.

They can sure come in handy out in the woods when you want to change lenses often, and not have to take off a backpack. I've been caught with my wide angle lens on when an animal that I really want to photograph enters the scene. By the time I get my pack off and change lenses, the animal is long gone. Sure made me wish I had a vest.

I would be lost with out mine. I shoot alot of outdoors, and I don't like carring a bag or backpack. As for how other people think I look, that doesn't bother me. I'm not the model, I'm the photographer.

I use one when I am traveling and doing zoo safaris. It is quite handy for easy access to supplies. I would not pay attention to what anyone says on Model Mayhem, half of the posters there are idiots trying to start fights!

Most reactions

Back