Photo websites

Sardine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think I saw this in another thread, but anyway... I'm looking for a place where I can display some of my favourite photos, for FREE... now, I was looking around and I found a site called Webs (I think). I signed up, but I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for. Then I saw the ad for the Photography Social Network, and now I'm wondering what that's like?

Basically, I just want a place where I can display some of my favourite photos, receive comments and ratings, that sort of thing. I'd like it if I could create albums and sub-albums. I'm pathetic when it comes to computers and websites, so it's got to be easy to use.

A place similar to Airplane-pictures.net or Airliners.net, only it must be for all types of photography (not just aviation-related).

Any ideas?

Flickr is your best bet!
though if you use a free account you can only see your latest 200 shots (the rest are not deleted, but stored) and if you want to access them you have to pay for an annual membership (cheap at around £20-£30 as I recall). Flickr has all the social networking features which your looking for in the site and its also good from a legal viewpoint and has an ative community.

Other free hosts like imageshack and photobucket will host many images on a free account, but are not geared towards photographers and are mostly for image hosting. Their communities are also less active in general.
Deviantart might be another good choice - again very much like flickr in having an active community and I belive you get more in a free account, but I can't recall the details of that site

Forgot about Devianart... seems like that could work. Thanks for reminding me :D
I do have a Flickr account, but I don't like it. I'm VERY fussy with these sort of things :grumpy:

Most reactions

Back