Photobucket for proofs?

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone use photobucket for their clients proofs? Is it possible?

I do. Just create an album and upload, I make it private and provide them a password.

But but photobucket looks horrific
Seriously each time I visit the site the interface is clunky and it seems to have more ads each time.

Personally I don't think it holds a very professional look for a photographer to use a photobucket page for proofs. Flickr at least gives you a more professional display, though you can't section things off with passwords so easily. Smugmug (for those in the US) and other similar companies would be far superior for proof showing online and also providing your clients with a purchasing option right there on the site.

If you are just showing proofs and then doing the purchasing later in person do the proof showing at the time with a laptop or computer and make your sales pitch

But but photobucket looks horrific
Seriously each time I visit the site the interface is clunky and it seems to have more ads each time.

Personally I don't think it holds a very professional look for a photographer to use a photobucket page for proofs. Flickr at least gives you a more professional display, though you can't section things off with passwords so easily. Smugmug (for those in the US) and other similar companies would be far superior for proof showing online and also providing your clients with a purchasing option right there on the site.

If you are just showing proofs and then doing the purchasing later in person do the proof showing at the time with a laptop or computer and make your sales pitch

I agree. I've also used photobucket, but in hindsight it was a mistake. I think it has its uses for amateurs and social purposes, but Overread's advice is the more professional way to go without a doubt. And if you can appeal to your clients well, and push your photographs, then it will probably also get you more sales, ordered prints, enlargements too!

If I'm not self hosting it, I would use flickr. It's clean, classy, and professional. Also, you can export straight to flickr from lightroom. Super easy.

Just a quick notes. some of you might say its not professional and blahblah but i offer them to put them on facebook if they want... on facebook, you can set access to albums by names, so basicly you choose who can see albums or not. 9 out of 10 times, my clients prefer looking at thier proof on facebook. its fast, quality is ok and everyone knows how to use facebook.

In addition to the other comments, photobucket seems to make images darker than they should be.

can Smugmug be connected right to your website? I'm looking for a client proof service that can be linked right from my website.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back