photobucket vs.?????

KVB1085

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so before i actually got into "real" photography... i just used photobucket to upload images and get the image tags....

well now that i'm shooting with an slr... i know you lose quality if you save as a jpeg.... BUT to my knowledge photobucket will only upload jpg gif and maybe a couple others....

here's my dilemma... i don't have an actual computer of my own at the moment... SO i can't download any photo editing software.. which means i'm not shooting in raw.. i'm shooting in "FINE"... which saves as a jpeg....

well when i open the pictures in... (go ahead and laugh) MS PAINT to resize i then again have to re save as a jpeg.. where i'd rather save as a tiff... (cause if i'm not mistaken you don't lose as much quality that way...) but again photobucket won't upload them..... so i don't know where else to go.... any other sites like photobucket that will upload tiffs?

now, i've got photoshop at my office... but i don't even know what version it is.. my coworker bootlegged it forever ago.. so it won't open raw files... and i'm at my parents house right now anyway so....

while i'm on the subject.. what is a good editing software that i can just download?

thanks in advance!!!!!

What kind of digital slr did you get? If a Canon, it comes with a real nice software package called DPP (digital photo professional). It will handle raw and let you save your jpeg to tiff files. They also have a real nice tutorial online for the software. As to free software, there is GIMP and I think there is a version for windows. They are very big in the linux operating systems and some really like the Gimp software for photo editing. I have yet to try it but, I do intend too soon. I do not know if it will do raw or not. If it does not you may have trouble finding one for free that does.:thumbup: Good luck!

Try saving as PNG. PNG is an uncompressed format and all computers/ uploading sites seem to work with it.

What kind of digital slr did you get? If a Canon, it comes with a real nice software package called DPP (digital photo professional). It will handle raw and let you save your jpeg to tiff files. They also have a real nice tutorial online for the software. As to free software, there is GIMP and I think there is a version for windows. They are very big in the linux operating systems and some really like the Gimp software for photo editing. I have yet to try it but, I do intend too soon. I do not know if it will do raw or not. If it does not you may have trouble finding one for free that does.:thumbup: Good luck!

d70....

and i'm not sure if it came with software or not... i bought it used from a friend... and haven't opened the box.... i plan on checking that today though...

and thanks to all.... !!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back