PhotoGal

Update as of the evening of Thursday Sept 27:

Tom is still in ICU. He got up and walked twice yesterday (Sept 26) and sat up in a chair for hours. He got a good nights sleep last night (Wednesday) and stayed awake most of the day today. He is off the oxygen. He still has the heart issue but things are looking pretty good. His kidneys are improving and the fluid retention he was experiencing earlier today appears to be resolving slowly but surely. It is hoped he will be out of ICU on Friday. His spirits remain good.The new liver is still working perfectly.

Thank you for the update! I will continue to keep them in my thoughts!

Cathy and I will keep Tom in our prayers. We are so glad he is doing better, but understand he has a way to go. Been there, done that. The best thing Tom can do is keep a positive attitude. Please keep us all posted.

Saturday night's update:

It was a great day all around. Lots of visits from friends.......lots of walking.....a steady heart beat .......and a double cheese burger and fries. Tom is doing so well, but just for precaution's sake he probably won't be getting out until the end of next week....Maybe thursday or friday!!!!

Oct 2 update:

Yesterday was a good day. Tom's heart has been in sinus for a few days now. He will be getting out of the hospital soon. He is ready...He has gotten pretty much completely independent.

October 3 update:

He is doing well. Cracking wise quite a bit!! And if all goes according to plan he will be out on friday....Yesterday the Dr. said that was reasonable. So barring any unforseen circumstances.......FRIDAY!!!!

Good news, and bad news...

It now looks like Tom won't get out until Sunday. But on the day he was supposed to be released (Friday), he had lobster for dinner. (Okay, so that's not good news to those with a shellfish allergy, but Tom sure enjoyed it!)

Thank you so much for the updates! I continue to keep Tom and Carolyn in my thoughts!

Just got the word that Tom was indeed released from the hospital on Sunday!!

Most reactions

Back