Nidhi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
pp19-big.jpg

I was shooting near my home when this broom seller lady saw me. She stopped and kept staring me for over an hour. People here loved being photographed. I thought she wanted her photo. When I asked her, she refused. Someone had told her that if she is ever photographed, one year per photograph would be reduced from her life. But finally, her urge overwhelmed her. She approached me and said, "I know, my photographs would kill me. But I am old and would die anyway. I would rather have my photo so that my children would remember me after I am gone. Would you please take my photo?"

A few minutes later when I finally managed to stop my laughter, I told her that her photographs won't kill her no matter what. A few more minutes and she was convinced. At least, that's what I felt.

When I pointed my lens towards her, she blushed and thus, her first photograph was created.

Thanks for your time. Have a nice day.

What a great story! :thumbup:

She has an awfully cute expression, very shy. It's a pity there isn't more of her face showing, but maybe she thought she'd save herself a few months if she hid it. ;)

Great shot, and a really cool story to go with it. Nicely done.

Ha Ha...that's a great story man...and a great pic to show for it! Awesome

Thanks a lot JonK, Terri, Chiller, Megapaws and Laudrup.

Thats a beautiful photo, and wonderful story! Thanks for sharing Nidhi!

This one lives through the angle and the plenty of movement around the tiny bit of face that she is showing us! Very nice story to go with taking it (same applies to the over-a-hundred-year-old lady in the country who you met!) and the curiosity glimpsing in her eyes next to her timidness is captured as best as you could.

Most reactions

Back