Photograph seems blurred in original res. !

craige4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Using Native 1280x1024 19" LCD-

I have Nikon D80 and in this particular pic i dont knw why but if i see the picture the faces are a bit blurred in original resolution 3872x2592..... BUT, if i resize the image to 1280x857 the pic(Faces) is looking exceptionally sharp and clear...

Know whys this? Is this coz of my LCD ??

This happens anytime you scale something down in size. You lose the fine details. If you were to make two prints of this image, 1 as a 4x6, and the other as an 8x12, the 4x6 would look much sharper.

Re you shooting RAW or jpeg? what lenses?

With good technique, sharp glass, and low ISO's, you can make the full res images exceptionally sharp.

Unless you start spending in excess of $2000 your photos will not look 100% sharp at full res. The key is don't zoom in on your photos. No one looks at photos with 100% zoom. If you do then you didn't compose it properly to begin with as the viewer isn't interested in the rest of it.

Unless you start spending in excess of $2000 your photos will not look 100% sharp at full res. The key is don't zoom in on your photos. No one looks at photos with 100% zoom. If you do then you didn't compose it properly to begin with as the viewer isn't interested in the rest of it.

No one looks at photos at 100%? Are you really serious?

Most reactions

Back