Photographer! from Binghamton, NY

igotchiiills

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

So I'm a new member. My name is Kate. I'm a pretty newish photographer. I have done some events for friends and family before, but I'm just looking for a way to improve my skills and make my photography better. Right now, I have a Canon Rebel T3, which I know is just a beginner camera, but being a beginner, it works for me. I'd eventually like to get a higher class Nikon. My boyfriend swears by Nikon; he's always used their lenses for hunting or just shooting so I figure I'll humor him and snatch up one of them next. Photography has been in my family for years and honestly, it would be my dream job to one day be able to do this as a living. Right now, I'm a 21 year college student about to get my associates in science. Go figure. I've been experimenting with photography since 2009; I had a high school class that worked with 35mm which was a dream come true to me. I still think 35mm makes the best photos but that's just my opinion. Something about having to develop your own film and without the amount of option we have today, it's just a great thing when a 35mm produces a fantastic image. Anyway, right now I'm trying to get a handle on candids and sports photography. So if anyone has any tips for me, that'd be fantastic. :) It'll be nice to meet all of you.

-Kate

Welcome to the forum, Kate! As you've probably seen by now, there is a wealth of information here at TPF. :) Kudos to you for exploring so many areas of photography, including developing your own film and being hands on. :thumbup: That teaches you a lot about the discipline of process. Check out our film forum if you keep going with your 35mm.

Enjoy the forum!

Hi Kate,

Welcome, there's a ton of great info on the forums.

I'm from around your area, you should look into the local photography club. It's a great place to meet other local photographers and get some feedback. Feel free to pm me if you want some more info.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back