Photographer sued for refusing service

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for me to try out for Playboy, then sue because I'm not a woman and I am fat........

Do fashion magazines and photographers get to choose their models?

Artist get to choose what they paint, right?

Again, in this economy, it would be stupid and financially unwise to decline over such ridiculous reasons but do artists no longer have a choice in what they create?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly. All this same sex stuff aside. Discrimination aside. There are different levels or discrimination. Plain an simple. I don't think you should be able to sue a photographer because they didn't want to take your photos. Regardless of the reason.

It's time for me to try out for Playboy, then sue because I'm not a woman and I am fat........

Ability to fit a role in the case of perforance arts are a well-established exception. Come on people. Cut the dramatic, sophomoric crap.

Photoes said:
I'm closing on this:

God says homosexuality is a sin. He destroyed two cities because of it. The bible says homosexuality is a sin. Look it up.

So according to your logic, I'm in the wrong for hating Gay people. But if "God is wrong" about homosexuality, then you must dislike God, or at least go against his views.

So if you don't like me for hating gays, then I don't like you for disliking God.

Being gay is wrong. Murder is wrong. Having an affair is wrong.

Marriage is about love? Then I love my dog, after all it's a animate object isn't it?

Why don't we allow people to marry animals? What's next? People marrying their pets?

In life, there is a line between right and wrong. Gay crosses that line.

According to you, marriage is just "love". So why don't you marry your mother? Your related? So what? You love her don't you?

If two men can marry, why can't family members marry?

Coming from someone who has a background in physiology, you really do need both a male and female as a set of parents. A lot of behavioral problems exist in children with a missing parent.

Sorry, but homosexuality just does not work.

To be married there has to be mutual consent and animals other than humans can't consent. You are so obvious going there it is not even funny.
Stop putting words in god's mouth, he didn't write the bible, men did.
God also says we must all love each other, and you are drastically failing at that.
the bible says a lot of things you religious people don't follow.
You should be more humble, I don't think god would want someone like you representin him.
And I'm wriing everything without actually having a coherent post because your hate, human stupidity and bigotry are so overwhelming I can't even begin to comprehend how someone could be so wrong.

You missed my point.

If incest is wrong, then homosexuality is wrong.

If homosexuality is right, then why isn't incest right?

After all, it IS consent between two humans, isn't it?

Only 10 percent of the Human population is gay. Majority rules here.

10,000 years ago, if all of humanity thought being gay is right, then we would not be here. Because, you see, homosexuals cannot spawn a child.

So if your choosing to be gay, your choosing to be a dead end in the family tree. Your choosing not to make life continue.

So what if all gays had it their way? What if gay became the "cool thing to do"?

Human life, as we know it, would come to a stop.

Holy slippery slope Batman!

Honestly. All this same sex stuff aside. Discrimination aside. There are different levels or discrimination. Plain an simple. I don't think you should be able to sue a photographer because they didn't want to take your photos. Regardless of the reason.
Why are photographers different from restaurant owners or bus companies. Should photographers be allowed to refuse service to blacks, but a restaurant is required to serve them? Why should a photographer have this special right to discrimination, unshared by anyone in any other industry?

Taking the bus and eating food is a right. It's part of survival. Having photos taken is not.

Photoes said:
I'm closing on this:

God says homosexuality is a sin. He destroyed two cities because of it. The bible says homosexuality is a sin. Look it up.

So according to your logic, I'm in the wrong for hating Gay people. But if "God is wrong" about homosexuality, then you must dislike God, or at least go against his views.

So if you don't like me for hating gays, then I don't like you for disliking God.

Marriage is about love? Then I love my dog, after all it's a animate object isn't it?

Why don't we allow people to marry animals? What's next? People marrying their pets?

According to you, marriage is just "love". So why don't you marry your mother? Your related? So what? You love her don't you?

Coming from someone who has a background in physiology, you really do need both a male and female as a set of parents. A lot of behavioral problems exist in children with a missing parent.

To be married there has to be mutual consent and animals other than humans can't consent. You are so obvious going there it is not even funny.
Stop putting words in god's mouth, he didn't write the bible, men did.
God also says we must all love each other, and you are drastically failing at that.
the bible says a lot of things you religious people don't follow.
You should be more humble, I don't think god would want someone like you representin him.
And I'm wriing everything without actually having a coherent post because your hate, human stupidity and bigotry are so overwhelming I can't even begin to comprehend how someone could be so wrong.

You missed my point.

If incest is wrong, then homosexuality is wrong.

If homosexuality is right, then why isn't incest right?

After all, it IS consent between two humans, isn't it?

Only 10 percent of the Human population is gay. Majority rules here.

10,000 years ago, if all of humanity thought being gay is right, then we would not be here. Because, you see, homosexuals cannot spawn a child.

So if your choosing to be gay, your choosing to be a dead end in the family tree. Your choosing not to make life continue.

So what if all gays had it their way? What if gay became the "cool thing to do"?

Human life, as we know it, would come to a stop.

I'm sorry, but you are an idiot. Homosexuality is not a chose, it is biological. If you are going to continue to toss out mindless and uneducated drivel, at least get the facts right. You are one of those people that I choose to dislike, and it's not biological.

Since when is eating at chillis survival? Mechanical transportation is a convenience.

But that aside. What about movies? Baseball games? Who can join the tennis club?

Degree of necessity is beside the point, civil liberty is about equality.

The judge just opened up a can of worms. Now every photographer out there will be force to take pictures he or she doesn't want with fear of being sued. Why couldn't they just get another photographer? The couple is just throwing around and abusing their status.

The problem with gay people is that they want everyone else to think being gay is "cool", like it's some sort of lifestyle. Then they proceed to shove it in your face (so to speak).

Yeah, like no one ever shoves their "gay hate" in anyone elses face. *COUGH* YOU *COUGH*

Apparently you don't.

That goes for straight and gay people. Unless you think having sex in public for straight people is common practice and widely accepted.

And not all gay people go around saying "I like men/women." Gay people are JUST LIKE YOU, they just happen to like being romantically involved with someone of their own gender. Big deal.

I've been around fundamentally religious people (not by choice). If they want to act like humans, then I don't mind them. It's the ones that act bigoted and ignorant that I disgust.

I don't like backwards religious principles, however I don't mind being around people that agree with those principals. But if a person with backwards religious principles starts telling me "gay people are not equal because they're gay," I'll call them a bigoted, ignorant fool.

Not every straight person can reproduce. Ever heard of sterile men? What's the difference? Marriage is about love, not banging your partner to make a ton of babies. Get that through your head.

If two men are able to legally get married, and never reproduce, then I should be able to legally marry a rock.

Yes, lets equate human beings to non-living objects. That won't blatantly show how stupid you are, or anything like that. Keep it up.

I'm closing on this:

Sodom and Gommorrah were destroyed because of prostitution, sloth, ignorance, and idolation. If you're going to cite the Bible, please do it correctly.

I don't think you're IN the wrong. I just think you're wrong. You have every right to your opinions.

Don't be childish. Hating someone because they hate you is very un-Christian. I know for sure that it's a Sin.

I could probably fall in love with one of my family members, but I wouldn't marry them because, well, it was just be a strange dynamic. I don't have any qualms about others marrying their family members, because it doesn't affect me. Like, at all. Unless you try to calculate the indirect impact by way of the Butterfly Effect then I'm not sure why I should care. The argument against the whole incest thing is genetic stagnation. The offspring would have a high chance of having many health problems.

There's a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. Have you never seen a romantic comedy before?

Who the hell says that a one parent family can't work? I graduated Valedictorian of my high school. As did my brother after me. I'm on the Dean's List at my university. I've been in a stable relationship without any sort of problems for 7 months.

And who the **** cares if homosexuality works? Do you have a couple of homosexual nudists going at it like rabbits in your backyard? Are they infringing on you?

I mean really? I'll be willing to bet that you've masturbated several times during your life, but you probably just repent for it (and if you don't that explains your stress). Masturbation is a waste of resources, yes? It is a sin, yes? I thought so.

If that's the case then I guess homosexuals can just repent every time they homosex.

I don't disagree with your opinion as much as I disagree with your dumbass argument.

The judge just opened up a can of worms. Now every photographer out there will be force to take pictures he or she doesn't want with fear of being sued. Why couldn't they just get another photographer? The couple is just throwing around and abusing their status.

The state provided their status protection! Like i said, if you don't want to get sued, don't break the law.

unpopular said:
Since when is eating at chillis survival? Mechanical transportation is a convenience.

Degree of necessity is beside the point, civil liberty is about equality.

But that aside. What about movies? Baseball games? Who can join the tennis club? Who can go to what parks?

We eat to survive. Just because it's at a restaurant makes it less important?

This day and age when your job that provides for your family can be an hour drive or more. We need "mechanical transportation". Our current society would not survive without it.

Why are photographers different from restaurant owners or bus companies. Should photographers be allowed to refuse service to blacks, but a restaurant is required to serve them? Why should a photographer have this special right to discrimination, unshared by anyone in any other industry?

Photographers can refuse to take pictures of anyone they want. I can choose not to talk to people, or refuse to get into a taxi with a black driver. I choose to treat people as people regardless of who they are, I don't decide who is good or bad, I offer people respect, and if they choose not to show me the same respect, then my opinion is now based of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back