Photographer Talks, Keynotes, Meet & Greets.

DougGrigg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.douggrigg.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been fortunate enough to meet some absolutely amazing artists, photographers and creative people whilst also being able to experience their work in the audience of various talks and meet and greets. I'd just like to share with you some really talented artists whilst also asking;

'Who did you find inspirational, or thoroughly enjoy the talks of?'

I went to a symposium today, cancelling out those who were dull or UN-inspirational I loved the talks & work of:

Peter Bialobrzeski - Neon Tigers / Heimat / Lost In Transition

John Spinks

Paul Seawright <-- (This Guy was Brilliant!)

but also am fortunate enough to be tutored by

David Chandler, Curator and writer
Stephen Vaughan
Simon Standing
Jem Southam
Heidi Morstang
Oliver Udy

if you have a chance definitely check out their works online, truly inspirational people!

Who do you get tutored by? Who have you had talks/keynotes/talks by?

I'm fascinated to see how you all all inspired considering we all live in different places, me being European and British obviously I'm influenced that way.

Would you believe if I told you that I've never talked/listened to a photographer? in person, I mean

Last edited:
My experience with this has all been in the realm of "music photography, as that seems to be my strong suit.

I've attended talks and gallery shows with Henry Diltz, Lynn Goldsmith, Eddie Kramer and Neal Preston. They were completely accessible and engaging...

There just aren't a whole lot of famous photographers in this area who like to put themselves in the limelight so I haven't been to many keystone talks with really influential photographers, but I have found a mentor in one of my professors here. He's an editorial photographer, which is what I want to do, and he's really good at dissecting situations to know the best way to take a photo (which I find fascinating because I have the hardest time with it.)

He just changed platforms, so his site is under construction, but he does have some nice images on his blog. Jerod Foster | Just another WordPress site

Oh, and I did get to listen to Steve McCurry talk at my university earlier this year, and I got him to sign the 1985 "Afghan Girl" issue of Nat Geo, which was pretty cool.

Most reactions

Back