Photographers Stuck in the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I plan on clinging to would be my "Guns and my Religion."

I thought that the point of photography was to cling to the past. I think the main point is to take moments in time and let people re-live them. Why not also cling to old methods for creating photography.

Well, if you are an amateur, you can do whatever you please. If you are an enthusiast who wants to be ahead of the curve or a professional who wants to have an edge over his/her competitors then it makes sense to change with the times.

After all, how many of you "clingers to the past" still use 3 megapixel digital cameras?

Why buy new cameras with great features and then turn around and use black and white and manual focus and manual settings for everything?

What is it?...insecurity...lack of creativity....refusal to change....old age?

skieur

OMG...Just curious, how old are you? I'm only asking because I'd like to know how old you can be and still not have any common sense. It's been said over and over again, it's not the equipment, it's the human being standing behind the lens that makes the difference.
I'll tell you what, I'll let you pick any DSLR you like. Throw on all the bells and whistles you like. Then give Ansel Adams (if he were still alive) a 70 year old, $150, 4x5 Graphic with a good lens and handheld meter. Now lets compare photo's.

Last edited:
I dunno about anyone else, but I'm not Ansel Adams, so I'll take all the help I can get.

All I plan on clinging to would be my "Guns and my Religion."

I thought that the point of photography was to cling to the past. I think the main point is to take moments in time and let people re-live them. Why not also cling to old methods for creating photography.

Well, if you are an amateur, you can do whatever you please. If you are an enthusiast who wants to be ahead of the curve or a professional who wants to have an edge over his/her competitors then it makes sense to change with the times.

After all, how many of you "clingers to the past" still use 3 megapixel digital cameras?

Why buy new cameras with great features and then turn around and use black and white and manual focus and manual settings for everything?

What is it?...insecurity...lack of creativity....refusal to change....old age?

skieur

OMG...Just curious, how old are you? I'm only asking because I'd like to know how old you can be and still not have any common sense. It's been said over and over again, it's not the equipment, it's the human being standing behind the lens that makes the difference.
I'll tell you what, I'll let you pick any DSLR you like. Throw on all the bells and whistles you like. Then give Ansel Adams (if he were still alive) a 70 year old, $150, 4x5 Graphic with a good lens and handheld meter. Now lets compare photo's.

This type of trolling behavior is very common in bored pimply-faced 16 year olds, that can't get a date because of the obvious issues they have...... Just saying....! ;)

And I think that is far enough - everyone off you go and take some photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back