Photographers Who Hate Getting Photographed

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you find yourself loving to photograph other people but really are not that thrilled when it comes to someone else photographing you? Do you feel more comfortable behind the camera than in front of one?

I think I have a typical amount of self-consciousness when it comes to being photographed. I always chalk it up as karma; if I want other folks to cooperate with me, I have to play nice when it's my turn to be photographed. I just wished they'd try as hard as I do to create a photo that flatters the subject. Or at least doesn't increase their dread of being photographed. :)

In the last couple of years I've shot the wedding of 5 professional photographers, and have several booked in 2009. While my stress level tends to go up (I always want to do my very best when the client is my competition), I've found that they are often the easiest folks to work with. They have a better understanding as to what needs to be done.

Well, this would describe me pretty good. I've never liked being photographed, and there doesn't exist that many pictures of me.

Can I explain why? No, but maybe some of the explanation would be that I've never liked to be the focus of other peoples attention. Ex. all my pictures are published anonymously. I prefer to be unknown.

I don't have an issue with others photograph me, but they better be as good or better than me. Otherwise I'm likely to not like the photograph...

While I really don't mind being photographed (it's a fact of life when family/friends are around), I am usually not in most pictures because I am almost always the one holding the camera. NO ONE in my family has any concept of composition or the term "dead space."

Say it's a backyard barbecue or crawfish boil (that's "crayfish" to you Yankees), HOW many hundreds of pictures have you seen where there is no focal point, just a shot of various people standing around in no particular order. That drives me absolutely bananas. If the camera is in my hands, I know that there will be at minimum, a focal point, and very little wasted space.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir.

I'm always disappointed by pictures of me. My self-image lags about 5 years behind the actual "As Is" status. To compound matters, like anyone I have "mirror face" - the way we all look at ourselves in the mirror... I clench the jaw a little, raise the chin, angle the head... and then I see pictures of myself which look nothing like Mirror Me. To make matters worse, I'm taller than most people, so a slight-side shot is all neck fat and no angles...

As an aesthetically-driven person, I am acutely pained by snapshots of myself... but a well-shot image is always welcome.

Do you find yourself loving to photograph other people but really are not that thrilled when it comes to someone else photographing you? Do you feel more comfortable behind the camera than in front of one?

I don't like my picture taken, pics of me always come out really bad. Most of the times my eyes are closed in the pic or I have a really weird look on my face.

I definitely prefer being behind the camera!
I play along in social ocasions if someone happens to want to take my picture but I'd rather not have my picture taken if I can somehow avoid it.

I simply don't like the way I look in pictures.

It used to bug me, but now it don't. I think the change was when I caught my grand daughter sneaking shots of me. I can't say no to her. It hasn't bothered me since. So weird.

I don't mind being photographed. I just don't like crappy pictures of myself.

I have the camera. That's why I take the photographs and don't have them taken of me.

Im not photogenic the photos never look like me so I hate being photographed. I have been like that since I was young.

Meh... behind or in the front, its all the same to me. I like photography so obviously I prefer being at the back end of things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back