Photographic opportunities - ideas and suggestions

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wondered what ideas everyone had for photographic opportunities.

Someone in another forum suggested Graduations, Anniversary Celebrations and other public events. Take a ton of pictures, and those people that took pictures and they didnt turn out or those that didnt get to take any can purchase prints from you, assuming they know you have them to sell, hehe.

That sounds like a great suggestion, that nice Mr Machiavelli would be pleased.

mrsid99 said:
That sounds like a great suggestion, that nice Mr Machiavelli would be pleased.

Who's Mr Machiavelli? Hehe.

Hi Gerry,

Check this out.
The bottom line is that he's developed a reputation for underhand dealings and methods hence the reference.

mrsid99 said:
Hi Gerry,

Check this out.
The bottom line is that he's developed a reputation for underhand dealings and methods hence the reference.

Hehe, but I dont see what I suggested as underhanded dealings? :0) Unless I missed your point, hehe, unless of course the school or people have a professional photographer at such events, and they dont here that I know of for the most part. My way of thinking is if they didnt hire a photographer, your just there as backup, cuz not everyone's pictures turns out good, and if they want to get good quality prints, then they can. :0).

Hi again Gerry,

The implication in your suggestion is that one turns up at any and all such functions and acts as a "paparazzi" or similar and that was what I was referring to.
You can see that this could be very amusing in some circumstances, for instance, if you were at a function where no one knew you and someone was photographing a posed group and then you dash up at the last minute and take a few extra pics there would be some raised eyebrows at the very least.
The phantom Photog strikes again!

I obviously assume you meant only such functions that you were known at or were expected to attend that you would conduct your auxiliary photography but it gives you an insight into my warped mind.

Makes senes but I didnt mean it like a paperazzi thing. :0) For like a 50th wedding anni, if I were to do this I would ask the couple or the people hosting the thing permission first, dont want to show up some place unwanted and ruin things for them. And I wouldnt run up last minute adn take as many pics as I could of the posed people *pesky digitals and thier focus delay, hehe*, I would ask if they minded posing, and prob ask other people to pose and perhaps get thier names so I know who to label the pictures of *the fun part, labeling hundreds of pictures*, hehe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back