Photographic Pet-Peeves

Pugs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pugsnet.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the mini-rant thread about camera tilt, a couple of people brought up some of my other photographic pet-peeves.

I thought that it would be fun to see what sets all of your teeth on edge so if you have photographic pet-peeves, post post 'em up!

My Photographic Pet-Peeves:
- Camera Tilt
- HDR
- Selective Coloring
- Over saturation
- Sepia/other bleaching methods
- Deliberate aging with blatantly contemporary subjects/elements
- Tilt-shift
- Vignetting
- Penguins :lol:

And with all of them, except the penguins, there is a time and a place for them! Used appropriately, they can truly MAKE a photograph.

- Tilt-shift

Maybe fake T/S... There are just some things that can only be captured properly with a T/S lens. The fake T/S, fake miniature effect can get old after a while though...

Oh, I'm not talkin' TPF pet-peeves, I was more targeting composition/post-processing/etc... pet-peeves.

Not being able to buy every piece of L glass.:lol:! When the focus is off on the subject.

Yes! Today is the day for full-on negativity posts!

Keep these uplifting threads going!

......:meh:

Maternity photos in general, but more specifically, the 'hands making a heart around the belly button' and 'the name of the child in wooden blocks over the stomach' (double secret probation if the latter is done with selective color).

(double secret probation if the latter is done with selective color).

Oooh. That's pretty much my only pet peeve, I think.

I think there is a right way, and a wrong way to do selective color - and EVERYBODY does it wrong, lol.

Holiday cards of just kids... from people I barely know... "Season's Greetings from Jesse, Sequoia, Barkley and the Gang at Serendipity Lane." Bad photography, of ugly kids, from people I don't care about... Unless you're raising prize bulls, be in the damn shot. And your favorite toothless grin-shot from your trip to the Shore? Stuff it! Get a photographer to take the shot. Congrats, you're breeding! Get your face out of the Olive Garden all-you-can-eat breadbasket for three minutes to get a decent picture, then send that.

...and Penguins, those suck too.

Photo pet peeves, uneven horizons when are they obviously meant to be straight. Cutting off feet.<---(i do this alot and hate myself for it) graveyard images, images of strictly old run down crap for the sake of being old run down crap (ie, no composition just showing the world some old. run down crap in the name of being artsy.)

what the hell is up with these penguins!?? im so not in the loop...

Yes! Today is the day for full-on negativity posts!

Keep these uplifting threads going!

......:meh:
Maybe... You should take my comments as being a being a bit tongue-in-cheek, though.

The positive aspect is that maybe, just maybe, it will encourage folks to avoid the cliches and to actually think about how they apply techniques.

And trying to conteract negativity of a thread with a negative post condemning that negative thread is a bit trying to put out a fire with gasoline... Or, maybe two negatives make a positive... who knows?! :lol:

Plus there's a cathartic aspect to belly-aching once in a while and that's a good thing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back