Photographic Pet-Peeves

You know, I've always respected you and your posts. I'm sorry that you've taken my comments this way. Perhaps now would be a time to bow out of this thread before it turns uglier than it already is.

I apologize for starting a thread that has offended folks, especially some folks that I normally side with and consider to be good members of this forum who's posts I look forward to and learn from. Hopefully this thread won't have tainted me too greatly in their eyes.

I was just joking. :hugs:

People who post unecessarily negative threads on photography forums?

*ducks*
+1

Hm... or people who post negativity to the negative threads hence enhancing the negativity of the negative thread and inviting negative flames back encouraging even more negative negativity?

As explained earlier, it was a cathartic, slightly tongue-in-cheek, vent. If you have issues with it, why did you bump it back up?

It's good to vent. Venting here is a nice outlet for this negativity rather than crapping all over a newbie's thread who has posted a bunch of selectively colored pics as if s/he and is being defensive about their "style".

And Manaheim, the fact that you included the "*ducks*" bit in your post says that you KNOW that you throwing up a little flame-bait and were trying to stir some sh!t up. Really... is that in any way a mature, productive way to behave here?

Really?

Really?

Look, anyone that pays much attention around here knows I'm rarely totally serious, but let me be serious here for a moment.

You asked what pet peeves people had, and YES these kinds of threads are absolutely one of mine. Why? Because negativity begets negativity. Rants of any kind offend people, hurt feelings, cause more rants, etc. You take exception to my responding as I did? I say you basically were looking to point fingers at what other people did that was bad, got the finger pointed right back at you... and the truth hurts. Do I think you were totally serious? No... but then, neither was I... at least, no more than you were. :)

You bristled, and I don't blame you, but don't go trying to foist it all back on me.

In my experience, the only one venting does any real good for is the person doing the venting. Everyone else tends to get hurt in the process.

Now, was I looking for a fight? No. Was I making a point? Yes. I knew the point would raise some hackles, and THAT is why the *ducks* ... it was making a point of saying that I know darn well that I was making a controversial statement, and making some effort to diminish the edge of it slightly by making "a funny" out of it.

And yes, I feel it is a COMPLETELY appropriate thing to do under the circumstances and no more or less mature than the thread in general.

Now, for the record, I have ZERO problem with you Pugs, but you asked/lobbed several rather pointed questions/statements my way, and so I am returning with a few rather pointed responses.

Peace.

Everyone has a pet peeve photography problem. For some of us its those blurry images caused by moving the camera too soon. For others its composition. Still others don't know what the problem is, they just know their photographs could be a lot better.

Most reactions

Back