Photographic Pet-Peeves

Shots of cats or dogs. I hate cats, unless you get the grease hot enough. :lol:

Lol, I agree as far as cats go.

I have a dog (a 7 yo male Beagle), and I love him more than I do most people. He is smarter than most of the people I know, especially the relatives (better manners, more patience, heck, even better hygeine than some of them). And he is a great judge of character, he even likes me.

Cats, they poop in a tray, walk in it, lick their feet, and then look at you like YOU'RE stupid...

Wonder how many times you go to a Chinese restaurant, and don't know that you are getting served "mixed meow"

Tastes like chicken, they say.

Last edited:
macabre shots where blood looks so fake (like water+red food coloring :/)
macro shots of insects (i hate insects )

Lens flares. Cannot stand them at all! By far, my biggest photographic pet peeve.

Eh... I'm good with dogs and with cats. I just hate f*ckin' penguins...

Right now my wife and I have one dog. We had two, but our female passed away last year. When our male dog passes, we're thinking we might get a cat, specifically a Bombay.

naughtyl.gif

I also wonder about people who make posts with egregious spelling errors.
I'm guilty of that more than I like to admit. In my defense...

• Spellcheckers ignore words of three letters or less, so "amd" instead of "and" gets a bye.
  • The English language is loaded with words that, when misspelled, correctly spell some other word. "Relive" gets past the spellchecker, but I intended "relieve."
  • Misspellings tend to get past my most intensive manual spell checking and only get noticed after I've clicked "submit." Even worse are the ones I notice only after someone else has quoted me and are thus not correctable.
  • A post does not have the same importance as a PhD dissertation. I'll spend 15 minutes to an hour on a post, and realistically that's all it deserves. I'd probably spend hundreds of hours on a dissertation or peer reviewed publication and hopefully all spelling and grammatical errors would be found.
My biggest peeve in the grammar department are people who don't know the difference between "their, there and they're", "to, too and two", and "your and you're."

Yes! Today is the day for full-on negativity posts!
Seriously, I could care less what the hell people think of my own shots.

Actually one of my pet peeves is seeing native English speaking people write 'I could care less what ...' (which implies they actually care some about what people say cause they 'could care less.') when they really mean 'I couldn't care less.'

I also wonder about people who make posts with egregious spelling errors.

Critique. Way over rated. People try to see too much in a photo, and go a little overboard with this critique stuff. :er: Dont get me wrong....but I just think this whole act of posting photos on a photo forum, and people trying to find flaws, has become a little hilarious. :lol::lmao::lol:
But we have had numorous threads about critique, so I wont go there. I just stopped posting photos...it was easier. :lol:

And of course people who say they don't care about critique, ignoring the fact that the vast proportion of people who post are looking for some comment/feedback so they can get better. Don't want it, don't need it, no problem - some people want and need it, don't belittle the function because you're too 'cool'.
I agree that critique is needed, and I would gladly give it, but if they cant accept it...then why waste time. Im just done with it...it has nothing to do with being cool. Cool is going outside without a jacket.

But critique is useless if all it says "is your photo sucks", and there is nothing saying what you can do to improve it.

I have seen that too many times around here.

But critique is useless if all it says "is your photo sucks", and there is nothing saying what you can do to improve it.

I have seen that too many times around here.

that's because 90% of the viewers here are new to photography or walking erect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back