Photographic Pet-Peeves

People who ask basic questions on TPF about photography, and you know they have done Z-E-R-O research on their own beforehand, either in instruction guides or searching on the internet for the answer to their question. There are very few questions of that kind where there is not already a thread on TPF if they will just
search for it.

People who ask about some kind of camera related gear, using the word cheap, as in "where can I get ?? cheap" Do they want cheap equipment, or do they want good equipment cheap?

Photography is NOT cheap, either as a hobby or as a profession.

And those who seem to be too lazy to do some of the work on their own will not get far in this - save your $$, and get a p&s and leave it in auto mode.

And those who seem to be too lazy to do some of the work on their own will not get far in this - save your $$, and get a p&s and leave it in auto mode.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

yay spam

The rules and those that wish to enforce them at every opportunity.

Yes, I know my photos is exactly centered and doesn't adhere to the rule of thirds.

Yes, I know it's under exposed from middle gray.

Yes, I know I shot a portrait with a wide angle lens.

Yes, I know it's a damn good photo even though I've broken every one of your single rules.

People moving the goal posts :lol: (could just be a UK saying ?)

:thumbup: I love that saying. I know I have heard it before but that is probably because my friend best friend is really in to European football.

I get a bit pushed out of shape when people who don't know SQUAT about photography try to tell me what images to keep and what to delete. I'm not the Great American Photographer but I've got a really good notion at 66 years of age what I want to retain and what's going into the trash.

People that claim they are "professional", and when you look at their "professional" websites that are all expensive and flashy all you see is garbage snapshots that have very little thought behind them. These people make the entire photographic community look bad. :grumpy:

People who post unecessarily negative threads on photography forums?

*ducks*

Far be it from me to down anyone's creative process. Do what makes you happy. If others don't care for it, they don't have to look at it.:goodvibe:

*ducks*
+1

Hm... or people who post negativity to the negative threads hence enhancing the negativity of the negative thread and inviting negative flames back encouraging even more negative negativity?

As explained earlier, it was a cathartic, slightly tongue-in-cheek, vent. If you have issues with it, why did you bump it back up?

It's good to vent. Venting here is a nice outlet for this negativity rather than crapping all over a newbie's thread who has posted a bunch of selectively colored pics as if s/he and is being defensive about their "style".

And Manaheim, the fact that you included the "*ducks*" bit in your post says that you KNOW that you throwing up a little flame-bait and were trying to stir some sh!t up. Really... is that in any way a mature, productive way to behave here?

*ducks*
+1

Hm... or people who post negativity to the negative threads hence enhancing the negativity of the negative thread and inviting negative flames back encouraging even more negative negativity?

As explained earlier, it was a cathartic, slightly tongue-in-cheek, vent. If you have issues with it, why did you bump it back up?

It's good to vent. Venting here is a nice outlet for this negativity rather than crapping all over a newbie's thread who has posted a bunch of selectively colored pics as if s/he and is being defensive about their "style".

And Manaheim, the fact that you included the "*ducks*" bit in your post says that you KNOW that you throwing up a little flame-bait and were trying to stir some sh!t up. Really... is that in any way a mature, productive way to behave here?

Or people that use large words like "nice" and "outlet" trying show off their smarts to the rest of the forum.

You know, I've always respected you and your posts. I'm sorry that you've taken my comments this way. Perhaps now would be a time to bow out of this thread before it turns uglier than it already is.

I apologize for starting a thread that has offended folks, especially some folks that I normally side with and consider to be good members of this forum who's posts I look forward to and learn from. Hopefully this thread won't have tainted me too greatly in their eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back