Photographing A2 Drawings

Veronica_Castillo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I don't have a camera, but I'm looking to buy one. That's why I'm here. To ask what camera would solve this problem I have.

I need to scan serveral A2 Format Drawings into my PC, but it's a tedious task doing this. I need to cut the drawings into four parts and scan them one by one and reconstruct them in Photoshop...

Buying a A2 Big format scanner is not an option. Because it costs more than 5000 $. Which is rather expensive for my taste.

So I came with the idea of photographing the A2 Drawing. But before buying a cam, I want to know which one will give me a good quality. It need not to be perfect but as good as it can get.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Veronica.

It really depends on what level of quality you need from the final images, but assuming that they're line-drawings any >8Mp P&S will do the job.

You may suffer some degredation when shooting. You're also going to want to control the light suffeciantly. If you want an exact representation of your drawings, I would either spend the 5k (which I will admit is very expensive), or cut and reassemble.

My Pentax optio e-3 done a good job of this sorta thing
Just make sure your in a well lit room

Most reactions

New Topics

Back