Photographing Abandoned Buildings

To clarify a few things, whether you are standing on public ground is totally irelevant. Commercial use is narrowly defined as for "advertising purposes". You can use it as an "artistic" photograph and get paid for it or put it on your web site for example. You can also get paid for it or use it in an "editorial" capacity, for example as part of a book on abandoned buildings. A gallery display and sale would also fit the artistic use.

skieur

true, if you do a "commercial" shoot then its a whole other ball game. even then for abandoned property you dont have to worry.

thanks, rember work smarter, not harder.
of course. :wink:

i'm totally in love with old, tatty, abandoned buildings. there are lots of them around my area back in italy, will visit them with my new camera as soon as i'll be back. it should be for christmas, would be lovely to get some snow, too!
another good thing about these building is that mostly are very old castles, churches etc from 150/200 years ago or more, which means no problems about breaking laws as they're completely open, too, apart from one church due to bad condition and risk or partial collapse. but that one will be worth a sneak :wink:

Most reactions

Back