Photographing Friends And Family

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have you guys done many sessions with your friends and family? Is it easier or harder for you? the only thing that we've had a little issue with is at weddings when we need everyone right away for a shot, it seems like everyone takes their time because you're not "the photographer" - you're just the cousin.

I find family to be a bit reluctant, they expect you to just point the camera and be over and done in less than 3 seconds (their expectations are same as they would be for a P&S).
Friends on the other hand are more than willing to do as you say and wait around while you adjust settings or ask them to pose differently.

I am at the point where i HATE shooting friends/ family. I know they expect a discount but my rates are already really cheap and I know they have no idea how much work is involved when it comes to editing..etc. In the past few mos, i have been asked to shoot about 4 family members / friends and didnt make hardly anything f/ the shoots. I need to "grow a pair" and just tell them my usual rates.

Most reactions

Back