PHOTOGRAPHING KNIVES...HELP!!!!!!

Michael Humle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Beginning this Friday I have an order of 30+ knives coming in and I am going to have to crank out at least five different images per knife! I am not versed in photographing knives and here is my plea to you all...
I would like to ask anyone who is versed in photographing knives to please post some images. If you are a seller of knives on eBay, I understand why you wouldn't want to. But, if any others would be willing, I would be very greatful! Also, along with the images, please advise on the techniical part as well. I know I'm asking a lot, but I am in desperate need of help....Thank you! :confused:

P.S. I photograph primarily Tactical, Survival an Hunting knives if that helps....

I'd stick each knife into something (0_o) for one of the shots.

I would think that using a light tent would be ideal for this type of thing. Or you could make up a mini 'set' to place the knives into...Just use other accessories to give the knife a sense of scale and atmosphere.

I'd suggest looking at catalogs and web sites and picking shots you like...and try to simulate those shots.

I took some pictures of a knife in a light tent a few weeks ago.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

not sure if that was what you're looking for. But I sold it on eBay

iPanzica said:
I took some pictures of a knife in a light tent a few weeks ago.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

not sure if that was what you're looking for. But I sold it on eBay

This is exactly what I'm looking for...Thank you very much!!!!!!

You will probably want to use a small aperture, which will give you a deep DOF. This will mean slower shutter speeds and therefore the use of a tripod is recommended.

Most reactions

Back