Photographing the Elderly

lol, you and your limitations tonight. lol.

My Granny is 90, and I take a lot of pics of her. I always have my Aunt put her in her lift chair and add a colorfully throw. Also, she can not see well. So I have to give her verbal instruction where to look. She tires very easy, so only a few pics at a time. Most of all enjoy it, and talk to them and make funny comments to get them to laugh. Sounds like a wonderful program. Good luck:)

It goes to the fundamentals of photographic lighting, and acquiring the portraiture skill of facial mask and body analysis. Then it's simply using the lighting that achieves your desired artistic or editorial goals.

In terms of liability, if during a shooting session anyone is injured in any way, by any of your gear, or as a result of any of the directions you give them relative to 'sit here', 'turn this way', ''lower your chin a little' you could well be liable.

Expect to be sued by them, the nursing home, the injured parties insurance comapany, the nursing homes insurance company, and uncle Ed who was just standing around watching.

In fact, you can be sued by anyone for anything, even if the suit is essentially baseless. It still costs money to defend yourself in court, regardless.

Accidents and Injuries

It goes to the fundamentals of photographic lighting, and acquiring the portraiture skill of facial mask and body analysis. Then it's simply using the lighting that achieves your desired artistic or editorial goals.

So just the good old basics will do.

In terms of liability, if during a shooting session anyone is injured in any way, by any of your gear, or as a result of any of the directions you give them relative to 'sit here', 'turn this way', ''lower your chin a little' you could well be liable.

Expect to be sued by them, the nursing home, the injured parties insurance comapany, the nursing homes insurance company, and uncle Ed who was just standing around watching.

In fact, you can be sued by anyone for anything, even if the suit is essentially baseless. It still costs money to defend yourself in court, regardless.

Accidents and Injuries

well yeah...isn't our world great. :-(

Most reactions

Back