Photographs that I have taken. C.C. Welcome.

C&C per req:

1. A nice, casual portrait, however I'm not fond of the cropped left elbow; cropping limbs is fine if you need, but try and avoid doing it at joints or laterally (or in this case, both). The face seems a little over-smooth and soft; it's definitely focused, but it almost appears as if you've overdone some skin smothing technique.

2. Just a little too much going on here for my taste. The multiple exposure is a neat idea and the BMX bike is a good "vehicle" for this, but the background is way too cluttered and distracting, not to mentioned under-exposed.

3. I like the pose/composition of this, but not the selective colouring. For one the white roses don't stand out enough, and second, you want the coloured item in a selective colouration to be the main subject; I would submit that the bride and groom are more of the subject than the bouquet. Additionally, it's at least two stops under-exposed, a fact which isn't helped by the vignette.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I agree with most of John's comments, so no need to rehash them. I would add that I think the second one would be a very strong image without the "Mini-Me"s. I disagree that it's underexposed...I think it captures the feel of the setting summer sun quite nicely. I think the composition is great, providing an appealing capture of the rider while getting the proper background to tell a story.

1 I think is a good shot. If you did crop it, maybe you could mess around with it a little more. But all in all good shot

2. 1st I would say the mini me's are ok but something bad happened. The front tire on the top bike. You did not edit out the the cars in the background. Also maybe its my screen but looks underexposed and he is way to red. Does not look human.

3. Great shot. I like alot. Once again my screen shows most pics a little dark but I think a little fill light could help. Still Great Image

Most reactions

New Topics

Back