Photographs

Allie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been in love with photography for awhile now and here are some of the latest photgraphs I have taken, comments and critiques welcomed;

2f0d4zs.jpg

flbytu.jpg

2ppeyac.jpg

2moyog1.jpg

2z7hefs.jpg

kb96h2.jpg

2urtpav.jpg

24nh4px.jpg

140wyt2.jpg

Most of these are just snapshots- why?
your backgrounds are cluttered
your focus isn't always good
your pop up flash is harsh/unflattering
your shooting in direct sunlight at times, causing your highlights to blow out
there's not really any attention to compostion

These are GREAT for the family album though :)

Pics are okay just need editing... I agree with kellylindsey. there are alot of things you can do to make these pictures good and stand out

Most of these are just snapshots- why?
your backgrounds are cluttered
your focus isn't always good
your pop up flash is harsh/unflattering
your shooting in direct sunlight at times, causing your highlights to blow out
there's not really any attention to compostion

These are GREAT for the family album though :)

Thanks for the definition of the issues, much better than "these are snapshots" :wink:

And yes, completely agree with you.

I like the last picture. I think the black border works well with it. I do, however, think it's too bright above the childs head. Try to keep that in mind, lighting outside is very hard to master.

For future reference, number your photos so we can specifically easily talk about the photos we are elaborating:)

Thanks for the critiques and comments. Actually all of these were just snapshots. (none of them were staged at all) I took them with my digital camera, and on the turtle one, the one with the girls reflection taking a picture, and the one of the little girl looking sad were all taken after my camera screen cracked and I couldn't see anything whatsoever while taking the picture.

On the two that have alot of sunlight, I thought it looked adorable how in the last one it sort of went through the little girls ears and the one of the little boy because it just made his face glow like I wanted it to.

I took them with my digital camera, and on the turtle one, the one with the girls reflection taking a picture, and the one of the little girl looking sad were all taken after my camera screen cracked and I couldn't see anything whatsoever while taking the picture.

Doesn't your camera have a view finder to look through..?

Hey Allie & welcome to TPF.

Since you seem to have a connection with the people you're taking pictures of, would you be able to do a few re-shoots?
Even if it's a quick shot, make sure your focus is on the eyes. If you can, try shooting earlier or later in the day, that midday is going to complicate your lighting too much right now (I'm newish too, so getting really technical's not my forte).
You've got cute subjects, so try to catch'em when there's a less distracting background. If you frame them off centre, it makes it more interesting ie :http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122705

Thanks for the critiques and comments. Actually all of these were just snapshots. (none of them were staged at all) I took them with my digital camera, and on the turtle one, the one with the girls reflection taking a picture, and the one of the little girl looking sad were all taken after my camera screen cracked and I couldn't see anything whatsoever while taking the picture.

On the two that have alot of sunlight, I thought it looked adorable how in the last one it sort of went through the little girls ears and the one of the little boy because it just made his face glow like I wanted it to.

Hi Allie and welcome.

What folks generally mean by "snapshots" is all the stuff that kelly commented on ... in general, snapshots are more pictures intended to capture the moment than, well, anything else... taking something other than the snapshot doesn't mean "staging" or "posing", but rather that the photographer is making a point to compose the shot in a way that is more than just a "quick snap". By paying attention to your light, where the person is in the frame, how their behavior or facial expressions portray themselves and the situation, etc. are all things that distinguish images as "not snapshots".

For example, I have bazillions of photos of my kids... maybe 2% of them are "posed or staged", but I wouldn't consider any of the ones I have on our family gallery to be snapshots.

I hope this helps.

I actually do have a connection to these people. I know I can't get a reshoot of the girl with the camera, but the little girl in alot of these pictures is my neice. I do have posed ones of her, I'm not sure how good they are, but I will post them.

As for a viewfinder, it's a digital camera. It cost about $100. It doesn't have a viewfinder at all.

I will try to stage/pose my neice (she's a year old so might not work so well :) ) is there any advice anyone can give me on scenes to pose her in, lighting, ect.? I don't have any fancy photography items, only whatever my sister has at her house, the free will to dress my neice up in whatever clothing, and my digital camera.

Im new and i am enjoying looking at all you folks pictures. how do i ad mine to a post? I would like to have you guys look at mine for some comments.

Pauls 371, you can do so several ways. First find a website that hosts the images. You can do Imageshack.us, a very popular website that you may want to check out. If you plan on wanting access to these photos and want to be able to alyways share them, I would suggest opening a photobucket account. Very easy to use, and very useful!
Once you get the link of your picture uploaded, wrap the link with

Most reactions

New Topics

Back