Photography Block

Here are some ideas:

Photograph yourself in the mirror..
Snow formations, ice, black and white shots of your various body parts, or someone elses... umm
Trees, look for the alphabet in nature...

Oh you could also photo family members, pets...candles

Thank you!!! Im gonna try those and see what I can come up with, Im snowed in and got in a car accident today (im fine, but my car on the other hand....) so I was looking forward to taking some pics but Im at a loss for ideas! Thanks again!

You are welcome.
I have found that snow is pretty cool to photograph.

The alphabet in nature thing is my favorite exercise and more recommended by me to other photo heads!

lol oops! I should have waited for you to chime up then huh...lol

Thats what I do when i feel like i'm in a rut. I cut up peices of paper with every letter in the alphabet. Pick one out and spend the day shooting everything I can find starting with that letter.

That is a great idea... I was talking more on the lines of finding a letter in branches, or bark or somewhere else.. But I really like your idea too!! I am going to have to store that away on my many occassions where I am stumped.

Go walk through a cemetery. There's all kinds of interesting things to phtoograph in a cemetery. With a little creativity and some photoshoping, you can even have some fun with cemetery shots. ;)

Oh yes, I second the cemetery thing! I love to photograph cemeteries. The older the better.

"Photograph yourself in the mirror" was one thing suggested by Meg, our "BigBully" ;), ... but hasn't MyaLover taken hundreds of photos of herself already? For the lack of any other model?

And ... if I ever get back into photography block (I'm gradually growing out of it again with the days getting longer and lighter again), that advice would be the least helpful ... I usually get soooo frustrated over photos of myself ... :( --- but you young'uns will only understand that much later from now... :(

go outside......

I've resorted to photographing my kids' toys on occasion when the kids or the dog wouldn't cooperate. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back