Photography Book

Freemont

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to the forum but not photography. I've read several "beginners" manuals on taking excellent photographs, and for the most part they contain the same simple material and techniques. I'm looking for an informative and respected book (or books) on the art of photography. I'm interested in various schools of photography such as landscape, black&white, city/urban, nature/wildlife etc. I would not overlook a book that simply studied the techniques and works of previous well known photogapher's and their works. Basically I want to learn more about the art of photography and in turn get better at that art.

Thanks

Ansel Adams had a series YEARS ago. I wish I still had the books. I have no Idea what happened to them?

I'm with Freemont on this and that's why I like this forum, but I think that's why so 99% of us are here, to rub shoulders with other enthusiasts and creative minds.
The forum for me is like a steady flowing stream of information rather than a book you can finish. Post your photos here and simply ask "what do I need to do to make it better?" and I think you'll find you'll get many substantiated answers and people throwing in their humble 2 cents worth. I prefer that to one all knowing Author / Professor on the subject.

P.S. Welcome to the Forum :)

I'd recomend the National Geographic photography fieldguide series.
Those books contain lots of the same, but with emphasis on specific types of photos. (Action and sports, Portraits, black and white etc.) I learned a lot from those books.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back