Photography Classes

MC82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im really trying to get into taking pictures on a professional level. I know it takes years to get it perfected just like any other hobby. But I was wondering how to best go about doing this?

I have read a few different books explaining technique and things to look for. But I have a feeling it would be best for me to learn from someone in person.

Is there anybody on these forums who knows of a good place to take a photography class in Seattle? What are the chances of finding someone who wouldnt mind having someone tag along just to see how they decide to capture the shot?

Welcome to the forum.

It might be a good idea to take a class at a local community college. Not only will you get some person-to-person instruction, but you can meet other aspiring photographers.

I'd say if your just a beginner than a class would be good. You get some instruction but what is even more valuable is the feedback you get from your classmates.

Also shoot a load of pictures. I get better and better the more photos I take.

Go through the business pages of your telephone directory, 'phone up all the professional photographers and ask them if you can work for them as an assistant.
It's as good a way of starting in the business as any - and it does work. You just have to persevere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back