Photography Course worth it or not

It could be helpful, but I think it's better to just get a few books and practice. For me, learning from doing and making mistakes is a faster and cheaper education than formal education.

This king of classes depends much more on the teacher than the format.

I have never take a photo on line course, I think there are some subtle discutions that will be easier to have face to face, but I am an old man, so...

With the overwhelming amount of good information and free resources available online, I would likely go the self taught route first rather than enrolling in an "online" course.

So my question is anyone ever take on line classes for photography? and would it be a waist of money?

Photography classes can be great but I would not take an online one. One of the must useful parts of all the photography classes I have taken are the classroom discussions and critiques.

My goal would be to start a business and get off of Disability and make my own money

If that's your goal then you would be far better off taking a business class and finding a a local photographer that you can shadow.

The website you linked to for the class honestly looks like your typical cookie cutter sell you a cheep class website. I doubt it will give you anything more then a bunch of written photography info to read and maybe the occasional email in a photo that may or may not get looked at by someone who really knows photography.

Old thread dug up by a now banned spammer.

How did I miss that?

It would be nice if the forum would just automatically lock old threads that have been inactive for long periods.

Most reactions

Back