photography courses

townsvillegirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi there everyone,

i am thinking of doing a photography course through the photography institute has anyone done that course or know of any other good ones around that are online?

How many people of this forum have done a course to help with their photography?

Is it needed to be noticed by clients?

Thanks in advance

Heather ;)

please any advice would be very much appreciated just want to know if i would be wasting of money or not

If its online, you're better off learning here, and it's free!

It is always better to attend regular classes than to learn on the internet.

It depends on the student, and how motivated the student is.

Some people are capable of developing their own curriculum and learning at a pace far faster than material can be presented in a regular classroom.

However, using online sources would be fairly inefficient because so much of the information on the Internet that is related to doing photography is disorganized and has to be hunted down. It is easy to miss significant parts of the puzzle.

Fortunately, books are still made, and with online sellers like Amazon.com, books are relatively inexpensive.

Books organize and present information in a much more concentrated way than the Internet does.
Supplement the book information with specific concept online information, and I would suggest the time needed to learn photography can be dramatically shortened.

Here are some of the books I would recommend getting started with - Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4
The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
The Photographer's Mind: Creative Thinking for Better Digital Photos
Light Science and Magic, Fourth Edition: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have taken several courses here that have helped me grow tremendously. I highly recommend them. Pm me if you want to see examples of my work (before/after courses).

Students need to be flexible, hardworking, and determined to improve their photos. Teachers need to be organized, well-planned, and able to build the skills of their students in a structured manner.

skieur

I also vote for CM courses - lots of CC without the pissing contests and mean spirited responses found on some boards (clears throat)!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back