• Total voters

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, it's time for the Highlands Festival again. This is a local arts/crafts festival in my home town. It includes a photography exhibit/competition and I am thinking of submitting some entries. These are the 3 I have chosen from my pics over the last year. Wondered if you folks would be able to share your thoughts of them. Any of these worthy? None?

Comments/critique welcome

7-27-06 Well they had the judging this week. 2 of my prints were selected for display, Double Feature, and Tribute to Escher. Double Feature won an Award of Merit, which I was pleased with. It's actually an honor just to have your work selected for display as the majority are eliminated from even that. I feel that I have come a long way given that I really only started with photography about 2 years ago. Much of my success has been due to this forum and your comments. I appreciate everyone who has viewed and taken the time to comment on my submissions here.

Unitedweb.jpg

Shoesweb.jpg

Escherweb.jpg

I kind of forgot about this one, which I like also. This is a drive-in which is also local to where the festival is. What are your thoughts on this one as well?

Moonlite.jpg

Obviously I am not adding anything new here saying that your drive-in and ring pieces are my favorites. I must say I would choose the drive-in as my fav because it is one of those shots that takes you back, for me it takes me back to a time before I was born but a period of time I love to visit in photos. If only the marquee had The Love Bug and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on it.

Final thought: PS is a powerful tool... hint hint. Photoshop challenge anyone?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back