Photography Green screen kit (where to get one)

Rozechik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rozechik.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was recently approached by an old client for a wedding she's having. She wants to have some shots taken for her guest behind a clear green screen (or white) backdrop where the background can be changed later and also printed on the spot for them to take home. I know exactly what she wants and I hope I'm explaining it clearly but I'm having a tough time finding a good place to get those equipment online. Anyone know of a place online or near the baltimore MD area where i could either buy or rent a green screen kit & Professional Photo Printer for the photo shoot? Thanks

If you still dont know the solution, I dont think you should offer the service. Do you know how hard it is to replace the background? You want to do it on the spot? What background you want to replace it with? What if some guests are wearing green? You need to bring a laptop tethered to the camera. You probably need someone to run the software to print and edit background. You also need strobes. Are you ready for all of that?

I agree with Robin; this is NOT an on-the-spot job. Green-screen work requires even lighting and some degree of skill. That said, any medium to large camera shop should have what you want.

My wife has done quite a bit of green screen work. there is a green screen program she uses that is a add-on for photoshop. we got the green screen (which is a specific colored material) and the backdrop from a photo store in our area. the backdrop is basically two tripods with a two piece adjustable bar that goes across the top. Ours goes from something like 6 feet wide to 10 feet wide i believe, and adjustable to 9 feet tall. The backdrop is also good for black or white backgrounds as well. It CAN be a bit tricky with the greenscreen, and you will want people dressed accordingly. try to avoid green since the program can have trouble separating the clothes from the actual greenscreen. It takes a little practice, even with the Photoshop add-on, to swap out the background, but once you get the hang of it its not too bad. we also bought a CD that has 2500 stock backgrounds for greenscreen work.

honestly, there isn't really a huge market for the green screen in our area as its kind of a novelty, but it is fun to play with every now and then when we get a request for it.
my wife tethers her D90 to her asus transformer tablet for this. allows her to control the camera from the tablet as well. the actual background change is done in photoshop with the
green screen add-on from the computer though.

If you still dont know the solution, I dont think you should offer the service. Do you know how hard it is to replace the background? You want to do it on the spot? What background you want to replace it with? What if some guests are wearing green? You need to bring a laptop tethered to the camera. You probably need someone to run the software to print and edit background. You also need strobes. Are you ready for all of that?
Great note but I actually have a great amount of experience with what needs to be done on this I think the only challenge is getting some help for something like this because shooting, editing and printing on the spot would be challenging alone. Aside from that I see what you mean and I have worked with green screen cropping and editing before. I just need my own equipment or at least to rent them or get a price range idea for this shoot. The wedding is in mid September btw so I have some time to prep.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back