Photography in 500 years to come

UjaiDidida

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have you ever imagined the future of photography?

I predict that in the future noise is not happening anymore.

The same goes to lenses where there are no distortion and chromatic aberration.

Lenses are getting better & cheaper - compact, fast and wide focal range

Light field photography & videography is something common

Something like today's 6D are affordable, which means Canon released rebel series with full frame

Canon released 7D Mark C with 500 fps burst

100D/SL1 is as small as EOS M

EOS M is as small as today's smart phone

50 MP is useless because too little.

Canon released 5Ds Mark C with useless 10 Trillion MP and still shoot at 10 fps burst.

The machines will have ensalved us by then so we won't have time for hobbies.

Canon will be gone, along with their fanboys; Nikon, too.

I say we go backwards after the conflicts and machine wars.

530786561e221.jpeg

It won't exist because everything will be CGI.

Will peoples or especially dogs eyes have been genetically modified so they dont create red eye?

Nope, photography has always been about compromises. There's no such thing as a perfect island either.

In 500 years, cameras as things that are carried around won't exist, except in museums.

Tiny eye implants will be common to all and provide everyone with perfect vision throughout their lives that includes telescopic vision and plenty of other imaging enhancements, plus full recording of images and video that far exceed any resolution we can imagine today.

They'll also function as information access to us (think Google Glass capability promises multiplied by a million). All information will automatically be saved to tiny, molecular devices that are a part of the implants that are virtually unlimited in capacity, and then shared at will with a thought.

There will be no lenses as we know it. A distant future digital engine will allow to do everything in digital domain, including closeups, DoF control, micro, tele, etc etc. Forget abot 50 Mps. 5,000 Mps is closer to what it will be. Future digital engines will be working on a predictive algorythm, so it will learn your personal preferences and will be deveploping files accordingly.

We will have no need for photography. We will be uploaded into computers and will be able to go to any scene that we want.

LOL at this thread.

Photography in 500 years ? How would I know ?

Imagine asking somebody from 1915 how the world will look like in 2015 - do you think his answer will resemble what we actually have today ? Do you think he would talk about computers, internet, nuclear weapons, black holes ? I dont think so.

I cant even be sure what to predict about photography in the next 10 years. Will SLRs die out ? Or wont they ? I dont know. Will we have Sigma Foveon X3 like technology without the drawbacks ? I dont know. Will we indeed get these new fancy optics with plane lenses ? I dont know.

500 years ? Well my first hope for mankind will be:
(a) Mankind still exists and hasnt managed to wipe itself out
(b) Mankind still has some form of civilization and did not bomb itself back into the stone age
(c) Mankind has found more efficient ways to travel space than just cumbersome chemical rockets

I predict that in the future noise is not happening anymore.
So you predict the laws of physics no longer apply ? LOLz

The machines will have ensalved us by then so we won't have time for hobbies.
There is no point for machines to enslave us.

Photography hasn't yet been around for 200 years, let alone 500 more years - So your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Most reactions

Back