DWHJR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldwharvey.tumblr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I am no sure if this is the proper place to ask this, please move if necessary!

----

My first initial question will be very broad as the details of my purpose on the trip, being photography, are vague at the moment. Once I learn more, I will ask more specific questions;

• Has anyone ever traveld to Haiti (specifically Port-au-Prince, and I believe we will be traveling elsewhere, not sure yet) and conducted photography throughout your travels in Haiti? (the main highlights of the week trip would be a Last Day at a School and the Graduation ceremony afterwords, I believe we would be traveling to other areas but not sure specifically)
  • Recommended Gear for the Trip? (Current gear I would be bringing would be Camera, 3 lenses, Speedlight, couple Light Modifiers, Tripod, Monopod, Surface Pro 2 (w/cables), External HD (w/cables)
  • This is my First trip to Haiti - any advise on the DO's & DON'TS as a photographer IN Haiti?
  • Any other Advice is very much appreciated!
Once again, this is very broad at the moment, and I will add more to it once I learn more! Thank you in advance for all of you assistance!
Don

*******I also added this Thread to Photographic Discussion*******

These are really poor people, use street smarts. If the average weekly wage is a few dollars, then that camera is worth a years wages. No more would you venture into a poor US neighborhood with a 20,000.00 prize. So use good judgement. Stay in a group
and avoid out of the way places. Last time I was in Jamiaca, a photo journalist was killed and fed to the sharks for his gear. The same set of precautions apply for deprived areas all over. Later Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back