Photography is Magical to Me

RabbitCatCat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photography has such a depth for me, it not only conveys to the world what I see (I'm not easily understood by words alone) but it also captures the essence of people that they themselves may overlook. I find that we are all our own worst critics, and I really understand as I am as well, and there is a certain joy in capturing someone in a way that displays their true character. Admittedly in my little world that is purity, beauty, strength and kindness etc . But of course, we all know there is a flip side to that coin and those images are just as stunning and revealing to me.

Emotion is so hard for me to capture though I may just be hard on myself because it's such a beauty and an art to me. Whatever the emotion is, when a photograph preserves it, that makes it tangible. I suppose that is another layer to photography I love. Because many people say that emotions are not real, they are not tangible ...etc. .. but when you capture it in a photo you can not say it isn't real, you can see it in the eyes and in the face and in the tension of the body..

Anyway I could go on and on and probably talk in circles forever about photography.

Thanks for reading

Photography .......... not only conveys to the world what I see ........................... but it also captures the essence of people that they themselves may overlook.

The end point is to capture something in your photograph that other people see as well.
The danger is in being so attached to the photo that too much of emotion and understanding is in you and not the picture.

I find that we are all our own toughest critics, and I really understand as I am as well,

When you post pictures here, I think you may find that this is not true.

Photography .......... not only conveys to the world what I see ........................... but it also captures the essence of people that they themselves may overlook.

The end point is to capture something in your photograph that other people see as well.
The danger is in being so attached to the photo that too much of emotion and understanding is in you and not the picture.

I find that we are all our own toughest critics, and I really understand as I am as well,

When you post pictures here, I think you may find that this is not true.

These are my opinions. I don't mean that it's how everyone thinks about photography. I would never assume that. I just find that most humans are their own worst critics in life (I didn't mean in photography) and showing them a beautiful photo of themselves often causes such a happy response who could not love that.. I love photography for my reasons. Thanks for your response! I fully expect to have what I've created critiqued, I know how it is here.. I've been reading the forums for years. I appreciate and value the other photographers for sharing their critical eye, it only helps me to grow. I now joined because I would like to have some guidance from more experienced photographers in a more personal approach, vs 3rd person through reading forums only.

Also thanks Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back