Photography Mentors

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you guys have real-life photography mentors who you meet with? Were they a big help? We're getting together in February for a start of a possible mentorship. What all will I need to be prepared with?

My mentors were a professor and then later an employer, so I was fortunate to be able to work and have discussions with them almost everyday. These days I think of the photographers I meet with for serious discussion more as peers, but I still learn a lot from them.

I currently don't have a mentor but I would LOOOOOOOVE to have one. I don't know any really good professional photographers that live near me, but I'm looking for photographers in my area to see if they're hiring an assitant, if so hopefully they'll be able to mentor me every now and then

I don't have one...:(. I had a mentor "in my head" for a while. A fantastic sales associate at B&H. Every time I had a question he was more than willing to help without the snobbish attitude of I can't be bothered. Plus he was delish... *daydreams*

Yes I know and talk with many professional photojournalists that have been shooting for a very long time and I see them as my mentors, I also know many other professional photographers who I work with and know them as my peers. Having a mentor that has the knowledge and experience is very important for getting to the next level.

I would love a mentor, even if just online. But its a really one sided relationship and I don't think it would work out.

Most reactions

Back