Photography n00b from Canada

TopLeftPixel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! Here is my brief photography history:

I got my first camera at the age of 11, when my father, a photography enthusiast himself, bought me a Canon Snappy LX so that I can capture photos of my weekend outdoor education trip with my school and classmates. I grew up way before the digital camera days where owning a digital point-and-shoot is common, so often times I found myself being the "designated photographer" at various gatherings and events since I was the only person with their own camera. I was rarely in any of the photos since I would be the one taking them, and then I would diligently develop them/distribute copies to family and friends.

My Snappy served me well; I used it until I got my first digital camera in 2003. Unfortunately, my interest in photography took a back seat while I was in university, it was a very busy time for me. But now that chapter of my life is done, I am ready to re-visit this interest and learn more about it, and that is why I am here!

Right now I have no photography gears to speak of, save for a simple Canon point-and-shoot that I carry everywhere and a collection of old manual Nikon lenses that I hope to get a DSLR for. As convenient as point-and-shoot cameras are, quite often I find it doesnt capture exactly what I envisioned for the photo - the angle's not wide enough, the lighting's too dim, the aperture not right, etc. Clearly I still have a LOT to learn! Hopefully a good DSLR will help me improve my photography skills. I can't wait!

That's about all. Thanks for reading! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back