Photography practice

carvinrocks2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I've been practicing with photography for awhile now, but have been limited until fairly recently. There is really nothing to practice taking pictures of around here without someone expecting you to be a terrorist. I am wondering what would be the best way to approach doing free jobs to practice getting my techniques down and building up a portfolio. Maybe something from weddings to anything I can do with a 18-55mm Canon, or a film Nikon with a 28-70mm and a 70-210 mm lens. My sister has just about had it with posing, and I want to try some real life photography. Any suggestions?

Any camera/photo clubs in your area you could join? Theyr're usually a great source of expertise and local knowlege.

also if you go to craigslist you can find some no paying jobs of people that are looking for photographers you can try that out. Also look for free events or events that are cheap to get into in your area and take your camera with you.

Craigslist definitely, there is always someone needing a photographer under the "gigs" section. You may even post an add for yourself under services too. Also you could possibly find a local photographer to mentor you, offer yourself to go along shoots as a learning experience, who knows where things could lead...Good luck to you!

For photography practise there are lot of things which you can do as good as possible such as there is really nothing to practice taking pictures of around here without someone expecting you to be a terrorist. So you have to apply for the photography.

Most reactions

Back